Make your deck a living space that speaks to who you really are. Here are some themes and accompanying decorative elements to get you started on creative ideas for your deck.
Create your own oasis with a deck that both looks out onto nature's beauty and incorporates it into the area's overall design.
- Vine-covered trellises
- Rose-capped pergolas
- Benches with side planters
- Container gardens (do one of each: flower, herb, and vegetable)
- Potted trees
- Table-top fountains
- Half-barrel water gardens
- Wind chimes
The deck is the perfect place for any party. The star-filled sky or a breathtaking sunset adds an ambiance that's unmatched by anything indoors.
Depending upon your region's climate, the deck can be a seasonal spot for special occasions or a year-round venue where every gathering is enjoyed.
- Multi-level decks with designated areas for cooking and dining
- Built-in seating with flexibility for two or twenty
- Professional-grade grills and outdoor ovens for serving up a summer barbeque or a Thanksgiving turkey
The deck can be the ideal playroom for children, stirring their innate curiosity of the natural world around them. It can hone their imaginations, while keeping sticky fingerprints and messy snack foods outside.
- Waterproof toy boxes
- Arts and crafts tables sized for your kids
- Waterproof bean bag chairs for story time
- Easy access to a telescope for stargazing, binoculars for bird watching or a magnifying lens for bug exploring