Fortunately, there are many creative ways in which you can spice up your décor with red's ebullient energy without feeling overwhelmed.
Red is present in pinks, corals, mauves and violets. If you can't picture yourself in a red bedroom, how about one painted in dreamy pink cadillac (2002-70)—a romantic, soft pink.
A red kitchen or dining room may not be your cup of tea. Instead, try a time-honoured colour like myrtle beach (061)—this peachy tone beautifully complements wood furniture and cabinetry.
Red for Small Rooms
A rich, bold red can give a modest powder room or entryway stately elegance. The secret is to balance a strong colour like red with a soft neutral. For bathrooms, we recommend our mildew-resistant Aura® Bath and Spa paint to ensure the durability of any colour you choose.
Flashes of Red
- Create a focal point or define a space with a red accent wall. Try million dollar red (2003-10) for a taste of vibrant eye candy
- Add playful touches of red in unexpected places like stair risers, the interior of a bookcase or china cabinet, or the legs of a table
- Paint selected pieces of furniture red to bring a fresh element to a room
- Paint red stripes in different shades and widths on a plain wall
- Paint your floor red
- Add a red stenciled design to a wall or floor. Large designs like our Wall Tattoos give you a fun and easy way to make an impact
The Great (Red) Outdoors
- Depending upon the color scheme of your exterior, consider painting your front door red.
- Give a mailbox the rustic treatment by distressing it and painting it merlot red (2006-10).
- Wood decks, siding, porch floors, planters and outdoor furniture can be stained in luscious red hues with our Arborcoat® solid or semi solid exterior stains.
Experience red like never before. Our new Colour Stories™ palette gives you pure, rich reds with absolutely no traces of grays or blacks, thanks to the latest breakthroughs in full-spectrum paint colour technology.
Check out designer Lucianna Samu's colour story using flamenco (CSP-1195) on our Colour Chats blog.
Facebook Fan Faves
Among our Facebook fans, the most popular rooms for red are bedrooms and bath/powder rooms! Some favourite reds are caliente (AF-290), moroccan red (1309), crimson (1299), and confederate red (2080-20).
Red can be romantic, rustic, contemporary, or traditional. With hundreds of reds to choose from, Benjamin Moore is sure to satisfy your passion for red with the perfect one that reflects your style.
Visit our Colour Gallery to get more paint colour combination ideas.
See what your room will look like before you paint. Use our Personal Colour Viewer™