Make your outdoor living space one that speaks to who you really are. Here are three deck decorating ideas to get you started.
Create your own oasis with a deck that both looks out onto nature's beauty and incorporates it into the area's overall design.
Elements for Decorating a Deck
- Vine-covered trellises
- Rose-capped pergolas
- Benches with side planters
- Container gardens (do one of each: flower, herb,
- Potted trees
- Table-top fountains
- Half-barrel water gardens
- Wind chimes
The deck is the perfect place for any party. The star-filled sky or a breathtaking sunset adds an ambiance that's unmatched by anything indoors. Depending upon your region's climate, the deck can be a seasonal spot for special occasions or a year-round venue where every gathering is enjoyed.
- Multi-level decks with designated areas for cooking and dining
- Built-in seating
- Professional–grade grills and outdoor ovens for serving up a summer barbeque or a Thanksgiving turkey
The deck can be the ideal playroom for children, stirring their innate curiosity of the natural world around them. It can hone their imaginations, while keeping sticky fingerprints and messy snack foods outside.
Decorating a Deck for Kids
- Waterproof toy boxes
- Arts and crafts tables sized for your kids
- Waterproof bean bag chairs for story time
- Easy access to a telescope for stargazing, binoculars for bird watching or a magnifying lens for bug exploring
To complement our deck decorating ideas, we've created tips and easy instructions on staining your outdoor deck. Watch our videos and read our how-to articles for more deck staining ideas and tips.