Fortunately, there are many creative ways in which you can spice up your décor with red's ebullient energy without feeling overwhelmed.
Red is present in pinks, corals, mauves and violets. If you can't picture yourself in a bedroom with red walls, how about one painted in dreamy pink cadillac (2002-70)—a romantic, soft pink.
A red kitchen or dining room may not be your cup of tea. Instead, try a time-honored color like myrtle beach (061)—this peachy tone beautifully complements wood furniture and cabinetry.
Red for Small Rooms
A rich, bold red can give a modest powder room or entryway stately elegance. The secret is to balance red walls with a soft neutral shade. For bathrooms, we recommend our mildew-resistant Aura® Bath and Spa paint to ensure the durability of any color you choose.
Decorating with Red
Red walls may be your first thought, but if you're wary of using such a bold color on such a large surface, these red room ideas can help you add a powerful pop of color to any room.
- Create a focal point or define a space with a red accent wall. Try million dollar red (2003-10) for a taste of vibrant eye candy
- Add playful touches of red in unexpected places like stair risers, the interior of a bookcase or china cabinet, or the legs of a table
- Paint selected pieces of furniture red to bring a fresh element to a room
- Paint red stripes in different shades and widths on a plain wall
- Paint your floor red
The Great (Red) Outdoors
- Depending upon the color scheme of your exterior, consider painting your front door red.
- Give a mailbox the rustic treatment by distressing it and painting it merlot red (2006-10).
- Wood decks, siding, porch floors, planters and outdoor furniture can be stained in luscious red hues with our Arborcoat® solid or semi solid exterior stains.
Experience red like never before. Our new Color Stories® palette gives you pure, rich reds with absolutely no traces of grays or blacks, thanks to the latest breakthroughs in full-spectrum paint color technology.
Facebook Fan Faves
Among our Facebook fans, the most popular rooms for red are bedrooms and bath/powder rooms! Some favorite reds are caliente (AF-290), moroccan red (1309), crimson (1299), and confederate red (2080-20).
Red can be romantic, rustic, contemporary, or traditional. With hundreds of reds to choose from, Benjamin Moore is sure to satisfy your passion for red with the perfect one that reflects your style.
Visit our Color Gallery to get more paint color combination ideas.
See what your room will look like before you paint. Use our Personal Color Viewer®
Order interior paints online and pick them up at your local Benjamin Moore retailer within 3 hours. Shop for paint color samples, fan decks and more at our Online Store.