More than 100 chemists, chemical engineers, technicians and support staff work tirelessly to ensure our formulations are best-in-class.Our commitment to research and innovation has led us to many industry firsts.
• The first eggshell interior finish – 1972
• The first Computer Colour Matching System – 1982 (now an industry standard)
• The first pearl interior finish – 1988
• EcoSpec®, our low-VOC/low-odour latex paint
• The first company in the U.S. to introduce a zero VOC waterborne tinting system to the marketplace: our patented Gennex® Colour Technology – 2006
And years before the federal government required it, we eliminated lead, formaldehyde and mercury from our paints and met VOC standards