Upgrade a plain, boxy room with energetic, bold colour. Refresh your favourite nook with soft, subtle hues. Read on for inspiration and how-to guidance for a DIY accent wall you’ll love!If you know how to paint a wall, you know how to paint an accent wall. How to choose an accent wall often presents the bigger challenge!
An accent wall often showcases a room’s focal point, like a built-in bookcase, fireplace, or art. Other considerations for which wall to choose include…
- Adding dimension to a room that has minimal architectural detail.
- Breaking up open floor plans, bright rooms, and rooms with high ceilings.
- Creating a specific mood, since colour impacts how a space makes you feel.
Accent colours are meant to pop, and create visual interest in a space. When choosing an accent wall, select a wall with purpose–your eye will be drawn to it immediately. For rooms with darker colour walls, consider going lighter for an accent wall. If the walls are light and airy, consider a deeper, bolder colour.
In need of some accent wall inspiration? Look to the other colours featured in the space, picking up a similar colour from a piece of artwork or textile can help tie the room together.
Best Accent Wall Colours
Any colour can be an accent wall colour, but these are the paint colours that homeowners turn to again and again.
Get More Feature Wall Paint Ideas
- Check out accent wall paint colours in person at your local Benjamin Moore® retailer, and find inspiration in our colour family pages.
- Buy one or more colour samples to help ensure peace of mind on your final colour choice.
- Use the photo and video visualizers, both on the free Benjamin Moore Colour Portfolio® app, to see colours on your wall from your mobile phone!
Find the Perfect Colour for Your Accent Wall
Browse by colour family, "try on" colours in rooms, and much more!FIND YOUR COLOUR